Observation Well Systems
As the most experienced technology provider with industry’s highest success rate, Petrospec Engineering is a global leader in observation well instrumentation. We offer the broadest range of downhole temperature, pressure, and fiber optic sensors. We complement our downhole offering with a complete surface instrumentation package suitable for any environment. Flexible data acquisition, management, and analysis software ensures hassle-free integration with your existing data infrastructure. Our record of success sets us apart, attributable to proven technologies installed using best practices acquired through years of experience.
- Since 1998 we have been the leading supplier of these systems to the Canadian thermal recovery sector, with more observation well installations than our competitors combined
- Industry-leading success rate over 98% after 15 years of installing these systems
- Downhole cables and sensors rated for long-term operation to 300⁰C
- Broadest range of proven downhole temperature and pressure technologies, including mineral-insulated thermocouples and arrays, Bubble-Tubes, pressure gauges, and fiber optics
- Surface instrumentation packages for all environments, including remote arctic and desert systems operating on solar power with minimal footprint.
- Clamped outside casing, spool-in or integrated in coiled tubing or through packer assemblies
- Remote solar instrument panels and radio data connection
- Multiple temperature and pressure sensor technologies
- Industry’s first remote, low power, outdoor rated fiber optic DTS surface unit
- Proprietary high-density thermocouple arrays
- Distributed fiber optic acoustic sensors
- Data management tools, data visualization and analysis software